Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Court Date Set

Reed's adoption will soon be final. We have completed the paperwork for the county and have been assigned a court date. We will be in court April 17th at 8:45. They only see cases for adoption on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday @ 8:45. Not much of a choice but the whole process has kind of been like that.

After we are seen in court we will receive his birth certificate about a month later. Then we can apply for a SSN and card. Then a US passport. Once this is complete we are finally a family by all angles.

Reed had surgery last week and is doing much better. He has been home with Mom for the last 5 days and was happy to see his friends at day care. He had tubes put into his ears. He has had consistant ear infections since last November and it was time to fix that for him. We also had him circumsized. Since he would be under for the tubes we decided to do both things at once. I am glad we did. One receovery, one sugery!

Reed also got his hair cut for the first time yesterday. He was so good. He sat very still while Tawny cut his hair. The ladies said he sat better than most 6 year olds. I was a proud mama watching the little man get his hair cut. He looks much nicer now. I don't have pictures yet but I will definitely put some on the blog. Those of you worried I cut the long hair short, don't be alarmed. I just had it trimmed. He still has curls.

I will update soon with some pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Schultz!

I'm glad that Reed is feeling better. I hope the surgery did its job and he won't have any more ear infections. Can't wait to see the pictures from his hair cut!

Marissa

Ann said...

Thinking of you guys today! Hope it went perfectly!